Marriage Builders is a very practical program that is led by Rich & Cindy Gammie, Founders of "Building Blocks for Couples." It offers any married or engaged couple the tools to build a strong and healthy marriage that lasts a lifetime.
Enjoy seven candlelight dinners and a presentation followed by a very private discussion between you and your spouse on pertinent topics that will strengthen your marriage, regardless of how long you've been married or the issues you may be facing.
This setting is welcoming, relaxed and non-threatening.
What Marriage Builders is
Each evening begins with a candlelit dinner. There is then, a presentation by Rich & Cindy Gammie, followed by an opportunity to discuss the topic together privately as a couple.
The sessions are as follows:
- Session 1 - OPPOSITES ATTRACT Learn why you are attracted to each other and how your differences can complement and enhance your relationship.
- Session 2 - COMMUNICATION Discover the love messages you have been sending; learn how to communicate and understand each other.
- Session 3 - FINANCES Understand how finances affect your relationship and learn strategies to communicate and work through financial differences.
- Session 4 - CONFLICT RESOLUTION Develop strategies to "fight fair" while maintaining respect and consideration during conflict.
- Session 5 - MEETING NEEDS Discover what each of your needs are and implement opportunities to have those needs met in your relationship.
- Session 6 - FAMILY BACKGROUNDS Understand how your family background affects your relationship and learn how to encourage positive family relationships.
- Session 7 - INTIMACY Learn how to enhance the level of intimacy in your relationship by understanding your differences and communicating your needs.
Who is it for?
Marriage Builders is for any married or engaged couple that wants to build a strong and lasting relationship, especially those:
- Who want to enhance their marriage
- In the first five years of marriage
- At a challenging stage in their marriage, such as the birth of child, a career change, teenagers at home, the “empty nest”
- Struggling with issues in their marriage
Marriage Builders, while based on Christian principles, is very helpful for any couple with or without a Christian faith or church background.
Privacy as a couple is always respected. There is no group discussion and no requirement to disclose anything about your personal relationship to anyone other than your spouse.